Tue, Aug 03
Wed, Aug 04
Thu, Aug 05
Fri, Aug 06
Sat, Aug 07
Sun, Aug 08
Mon, Aug 09
Tue, Aug 10
Wed, Aug 11
Thu, Aug 12
- Dentist here. This company is super unethical as no doctor oversees the treatment process and we were extracting teeth left and right in dental school because of patients with gum disease doing SDC when they shouldn't have ever been in treatment. From my understanding, they are constantly under litigation and the American Dental Association is fighting hard against them too. I can't invest in this company in good faith but I figured I'd just mention my perspective and encourage researching further.
- I hope people don't believe OP's words just because he claims to be a dentist.
I'm a seasoned general dentist working in an ortho heavy practice and have closely worked with SDC cases as well as Invisalign (and a few competitors, Clear Correct, OrthoFX) and here's my professional take.
First of all, I don't care about the SDC stock. Not 1 bit. My point here is to simply state that OP's opinion of SDC should be taken with a grain of salt. I mean, all the dentists *I've* known and worked with STILL dislike SDC. See? Anyone can just claim things like this (although I'm being honest here).
By the way, OP, how can you call yourself a dentist and be fine with SDC doing mild to moderate cases? Do you even understand basic orthodontics?
The idea of SDC is to move teeth without understanding the relationship of said teeth with the bone underneath. Have you seen the impression system they have their (untrained) users make? It doesn't grab anything 1-2mm apical to the gingival margin. Seriously? How do they tell which direction the roots are going? How are they seeing any anatomy below tissue? Invisalign/OrthoFX/Clear Correct all have real orthodontists on staff who alter cases, who often even request ceph tracings (xrays used specifically with braces cases). The 2 SDC "docs" I worked with were both lab technicians...Seriously?! There's a reason ortho is a 2-3 year specialty after dental school. It's not easy to master the relationship of bone to teeth.
SDC has been and will be a subpar treatment for clear braces. Period. Everything from the scanning (or impressions), to the planning, to the bracket placement and IPR adjustments, to the delivery is all under the supervision of a dentist. It's impossible that a person with no dental training can learn to take impressions without error. There's just too much room for error with SDC and you can really mess your gums/bone/teeth in the long run (Look up ortho related recession/bone loss).
They were temporarily banned in "practicing" in California for a reason. The CDA filed a lawsuit against them for negligent practice.
This is NOT the future of braces. It's NOT a sound alternative. It is NOT a cheaper alternative in that you're causing long term problems and still throwing a pretty penny at SDC.
In my opinion, as far as planning goes, orthofx and invisalign have both presented thorough treatment plans and considered all the requirements we had within the cases.
Again, the stock can do what it wants, but this is a shitty company purporting themselves as a legitimate dental ortho business. It's BELOW STANDARD OF CARE and ask any dentist that's not OP and 99/100 will agree with me.
- First the "million dollar all in SDC" Dentist yesterday, now this. bagholders gonna pump
- I wonder why so much DD coming out for $SDC now
- Censored Content - View on site
- lol, calls on WISH, puts on AMZN and AMD. no wonder you are down.
- Censored Content - View on site
- Nice! I started with around 14k as well, mostly invested in AMD, around 4 years ago, was buying and selling amd, then switched to tesla for a bit, then some crypto, now own 1000k shares of AMD and some crypto. so far turned 14k it into 280k, I hope I don't lose it all!
- I need NIO to do what AMD did 😂
- >For the last 44 consecutive years, the F-150 has been Americas best selling Truck.
This alone should tell us why your DD and PT is so wrong, and why F can never be the likes of AMD or TSLA.
Absolute rubbish DD.